Monday, August 22, 2005

Playing around with a subtle technique

This was a shot I grabbed of a friend at a public park. I got bored and used it to experiment a bit with layers. I copied the background layer and used a Gaussian blur on it. I then set it to lighten and knocked the opacity down to 77%. I then masked out the eyes and lips a little bit to bring a little more sharpness back there. I wanted to get the sort of effect one sometimes gets with a softening filter used over the lens. It's not really the same, but I like it on this one. My favorite effected part is the hair and glasses.

I also knocked up the saturation a little bit in RAW when I processed it. It was a cloudy day so it wasn't too harsh out. It had just rained, actually.



This was taken about 3 minutes before I took that picture of Lance posted below.

I also want to point out a buddy of mine now has a blog on livejournal. He's an amazing award winning photographer and you should check him out at .

No comments: