Monday, October 1, 2007

The Fashion Haus asked me to shoot some work for them.

I told them I would only do it if I could shoot with the camera I inherited from grandma,
only shoot film, and only shoot in natural light
and they'd have to pay for all my film, processing, proof prints, etc.
I thought they'd stop bugging me, but instead they agreed.
I'm actually having a lot more fun with it than I thought I would.
I guess fashion style work isn't so so bad if I get complete aesthetic freedom with paid expenses.

So here's a preview of the kind of stuff I'm going to be doing for them.

I shot these last weekend, they're both outtakes from the calender shoot, crap scans from 5x5 prints.
I think the expressions in this one are hilarious, but it's not really usable because of them.








I made some money with photography, and found some really good deals (avg 3 bucks a book!)
so I just ordered three books on Duchamp, including a collection of his writings,
three Haruki Murakami novels,
and Critique of Pure Reason by Kant.

I am such a happy boy right now.

No comments: