Friday, February 2, 2007

Hey guys. Some news, to start out with.

The P3 Image competition winners gallery is up now, so you can see my stuff online there, as well as the other winning entries.

Also, I'm a finalist again in the Best of College Photography contest from Photographer's Forum. So I'll be in the 2007 annual, and I'm in the running for first through third or honorable mentions. Wish me luck! I'll let you know as soon as I know what image was selected.


Grabbed from a roll of cross processed film from last year.




Coley is back in town for a little bit! He played a show tonight, with Stephen (as Deth Gate, with their mindshattering spectral soundscapes) and I really dug it. They played around with a lot more than just the keyboard/synth and drums this time, using samples, this thing that measures electrical fields or something to make noise, overall pretty badass. It was the Unsolved Mysteries CD release party, and I really loved that set too.

Also playing with Unsolved Mysteries was this gal with a lovely smile who gave me her CD, and apparently it's online too, so you really should check it out! It's hosted at Birdsong, which I'm guessing is an Isreali music collective. I'm enjoying it a lot, she's got a lovely voice and a playful approach to music making that I find very addictive. I don't know what I expected, but this is definitely one of the better albums someone has given me for free at a show. She's just starting out at SCAD as a sound design major, and if this little "careless experiment" is anything representative of what she's capable of, I'm sure she'll go really far. Anyway, let me know what you think about it.

No comments: