Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Current Art Pricing and Commercial Work


Currently my entire income comes from producing art. I live quite modestly and have decided not to actively pursue commercial work. At this point I feel it is not as rewarding as putting together book projects or installations and dedicating myself towards my eventual goal of teaching.

I do, however, accept commercial work, if I enjoy the vision of the designer, the motivations behind the company, and the tone of the work. If you wish to commission me, email me with your ideas, and I promise I’ll respond as soon as I get it. I enjoy working with a variety of people, and my favorite clients in the past have been visual and tactile artists, product designers, and art directors that really had a passion for their work. I also do work for people looking to build their headshot portfolio, or simply want to commission a portrait for whatever reason, if they are looking for something different than the standard studio approach. My portrait day rate is different than my commercial day rate, again, contact me.

If you wish to support me directly, I really appreciate it. I’m hoping there is something I can send back as thanks for any amount of money. Seeing as people tend to like to pay more for more stuff, this little list might be helpful. When you find an image (any image, on flickr, my website, my blog, etc) you might like to have printed, send me an email with the link to that image, and the possible sizes you were thinking. Not every image will look good at every size, it all depends on how it was shot. I don't create my work with the intention to sell, so generally editions do not exist. For many images, you will have the only print in existence, and every print will be a tiny bit different. I assure you I take a lot of care in printing, though, and except for extremely large prints (we're talking wall sized) I'll be printing all images personally. Also, if your image is ever damaged, let me know and I'll replace it.

Signed Artist Card – $1 – Donation
Small Piece/Written Page – $50 – Process a Batch of Film
8x10 Print – $125 – Buy Me Groceries
11x14 -13x19 Print – $200-350 – Buy Me Art Supplies
20x20 Print – $500 – Help Pay My Rent
Larger Print or Personalized Work – $1,000 – Fund a Project
Day Rate – Email – Help Pay Off My Loans
Original Polaroid – Fluctuating – Fix My Bike
Original Negative? – Fluctuating – Pay My Tuition

No comments: