Thursday, December 20, 2007

Found this on facebook. I don't remember it being taken at all. Its me and my little sister, and I just saw it as her default facebook picture.



Speaking of facebook, I'm currently playing five games of scrabble, losing two (by a large margin to beth and small margin to chris moriarty). The others are pretty much in the air. Let me know if you want to play. It's a good system since you don't actually have to sit down and play like yahoo games, and can just make your moves whenever you're on.

I think I may have a chance of salvaging my honor in all of them, but if I lose to beth that's fine, since I've decided I'm only having sex with girls who can beat me in scrabble, anyway, from now on.
I'm not having sex with chris no matter how many times he beats me in scrabble. Sorry buddy.

Today I did the dumbest thing I've ever done in about 3-5 years of working construction with my dad. True, I just had my final oral surgery today and was still on pain meds and novocain (though arguably that doesn't do anything but distract me because I'm constantly playing and making silly faces to see if I feel anything) and was just overall out of it, but it doesn't excuse my idiocy. I was drilling holes to run wire, pretty standard stuff, and after having done a bunch of them, on the second to last one I didn't think to check my measurements on both sides of the wood. I drilled right into a heating pipe, explosively spraying scalding water all over myself. My dad found the right system to shut it off pretty fast, luckily, and I held a bucket under the pipe, so not much flooding occurred, but it could have been a lot worse. A hundred dollars of damages and me feeling like a total shitstick, anyway.

Amazingly, dad wasn't angry. He certainly had a right to be. A couple years ago he would have been swearing his head off and in a rage followed by disappointment for hours, perhaps days, but he just said shit happens and we all make mistakes and all that, and was very forgiving. I guess we've come a long way, and he's definitely learned to manage his anger. Still, I felt like I let him down. Everyone screws up on the job sometimes, but it's different when I'm working for dad, I still feel like I have to prove myself to him. Ah well.

I have to say, working construction in the summer is sometimes a very enjoyable experience. Working in the winter is often hell on earth. I can't stand wearing 7 layers and trying to do something that requires strenuous motion.

Oh, here's some pictures of people's feet on a carpet I took a shine to:











Oh, I suppose if you'd like to see the people that belong to those feet you could.

No comments: