Sunday, March 9, 2008



I'm printing these in three hours, so if you notice anything totally horrible about them, you've got about that much time to warn me. I'm not going to be able to act on too much critique though, I simply have to get it done at this point. I won't lie, after about 48 hours straight on these ten, I'm probably starting to see things. This has been a challenge for me, since it's possible I just don't understand landscapes.

I don't have the same emotional reaction the same way I do to pictures with people in them, or close intimate interiors or daily life moments. The epic landscape just doesn't usually do it for me - I can't seem to get into Ansel Adams. I tend to look at a great view and appreciate the moment, but I almost never grab my camera.

I guess Israel was different, but I was in the almost constant capture mode that a photographer on a short shooting trip is probably often in. For some reason, I actually do have an attachment to some of these images individually, and overall have been warming to it... or will be able to once I relax a little concerning the end of this quarter.

I like these thought of almost as one long panoramic, so it will be ten feet long.

Alright, time for a three hour nap.

No comments: