Tuesday, January 1, 2008

The New Year





Last night ended up being rather nice. I made a few phone calls to people important to me and it was wonderful. Realizing everyone I'm looking forward to seeing in this new year, all the people who were more than happy to hear from me, it was quite nice. I talked to a few people I hadn't heard from in a while and I'm so excited for what is coming up.

My sister and her friend coaxed me downstairs with muppets from space, which I'd never seen. I did have a drink, and we watched youtube videos and shared the funniest things we could think of.. The night ended wonderfully, after the clock hit 12 we stood outside on the back porch and yelled as loud as we could at the star filled sky. The echo was exhilarating. I heard from my closest friends, then went to bed feeling great.

Unfortunately, I woke up with a fever and the sweats, basically hallucinating some really weird stuff. I have no idea why. I only had one drink and it didn't feel like any alcohol related thing I've ever felt, plus I'd had 5 glasses of water to my one mixed drink the night prior. My sister, still up, took care of me, helping me to the bathroom, getting me a toothbrush, water, washcloths, etc. I'm extremely indebted to her. I'm still feeling very strange right now, my head isn't quite where it should be, and my chest is fluttering. I'll spare you the details, but hopefully I'll feel great soon. I hope all of you had a great night with a great morning to follow, haha.

No comments: