Friday, January 11, 2008





Sometimes I miss New York City, but really I just miss the people. I always have this sort of odd feeling that the people I know in nyc would be people I like even more outside of nyc. I suppose it's similar to seeing a masterpiece in a museum or seeing it in someone's living room, or studio. It's convenient to be in a place like new york, but you lose a bit of the impact of things.

Tonight I did end up going out, though I didn't even bother to bring my ID. I haven't been drinking lately, I had one on new years, but it's been a while besides that. I don't feel bad about drinking, but I don't feel like spending money on it right now. It was a pretty pleasant evening, saw a lot of good people and caught up with a pretty important one. Reaffirmed to myself that my favorite time of night is around 2-3am, perfect for biking around savannah. I still haven't found that perfect girl to bike with me, but I can't help feeling that savannah at night by bike is intensely romantic.

I think my friend paul got hit by a car? I hope he's allright. I don't really know much about it. It seems like almost everyone I know who rides gets hit at some point in savannah, but very few of them result in serious injury, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. I know I've been extremely lucky (though I don't take that many risks).

Tomorrow I hope to make progress in understanding the fullness of my being. hah.

No comments: