Monday, April 7, 2008





arrrgh. I hate when I'm so tired that I set my alarm on my cell phone with the right time, but accidentally leave it off. This is the second time I've done that and slept through the first half of my 8am Psychology class. And I like that class, and my textbook hasn't come yet. At least he doesn't cover a huge amount in one day, so I should be able to catch up before the test, but still.... frustrating and my own damn fault.

Noel over at We Can't Paint posted a nice little rundown on some of my recent work today. Sweet. He managed to pin down the Professional Photography series better than I've been able to so far: "If the photo booth can be considered an inherent aspect of the tourist or carnival experience, the “Hollywood/Glamour” shot studios are without doubt the ultimate portraits of failed dreams and distorted ideals that characterize the suburban experience." I just hope he adds Beth's name to that soon, since it's a collaborative project, and she deserves the recognition.

I like the way a lot of these bloggers feature other work they find on the net. I think it's really cool, reminds me of getting critique from people in the hallways in art school. Would you guys like me to start featuring stuff I like? I guarantee it won't all be photography, and it probably wouldn't be every day (I already do try to share when I find something really awesome) but I can make more of an effort to share the stuff that inspires me, I think.

Anyway, Beth is coming down in a couple days and we'll be staying overnight in the gallery to set up our installation. Does anyone want to help me flyer on tuesday?

No comments: