Sunday, April 6, 2008



If you really want a half-couch sized photograph of obviously super hot news Coley and aren't quite in the market yet for a Ryan McGinly print, you can cruise by the Sentient Bean during the last two weeks of April for the Bicycle Art Charity show. All proceeds go to the Savannah Bike Co-op.

Speaking of Ryan McGinley, I don't know what others think, but I really love the images and video that he's been making lately. It's odd to me that it requires such a budget and 4,000 film rolls shot, but if that's his way of working, so be it. I've heard that he has assistants shooting as well as him at the same time, yet he owns all the negatives? I'm not sure what to think of that either, and it seems like it might not be true. If it is, maybe it's just in that area where film and photography are similar. Certainly on a film set, the director doesn't do everything himself. I still enjoy doing almost everything myself or collaborating closely with one or two people.

In any case, that picture of Coley injured is one of my absolute favorite pictures of him ever, though I still never heard what happened to his leg.

No comments: