Sunday, April 27, 2008

Major Website Update



ianaleksanderadams.com

Big update. Hopefully, though, you can't even tell.

What's changed? Well, the navigation bar is now encoded on every page. That's right, no frames.

Why? Well, frames did make it really easy for me to update content, but after getting 34,000 (??!!) hits to my details series in one day from stumbleupon, I realized those people had absolutely no navigation available. So that had to change.

Thanks to Monique and the people at the webdesign community at livejournal I was able to pick up or rework enough css to get the bar to stay put while scrolling. Sweet shit.

I also made a few little tweaks, like the addition of a 404 page. Which means I can go http://www.ianaleksanderadams.com/yourfacesucksandyourmomisugly.html and it will work. Sort of.

I also cleaned up the files hosted on there. Which means many images and links around the internet will now no longer work, dating back to 2003. Sorry. Things were just getting insane. I've got a much more logical system in place, and I'll be doing my best to fix things as I find them.

I'm going to go through the livejournal tonight, the blogger version tomorrow, and myspace the day after that and fix or redesign everything. Then I'll fix other sites as people point them out or I notice them. Hope this doesn't screw up anyone who was using my image for decoration or layout. I really don't mind that, but it's probably a better idea not to hotlink.

Let me know if you see anything funky. love love.

Oh yeah, here's a picture of me running a fever of 104 degrees at my mom's house in massachusetts. Recognize it?


No comments: