Monday, April 28, 2008

New House/Shows





Two pictures of deck chairs at my mother's house. I like them, and the pads, better deconstructed.

Beth, Sarah, and I found a place today! The house we found was very affordable and literally a fucking mansion. I'm not even kidding, it's got huge white pillars out front and a back yard big enough hundreds of people. This is right in the middle of savannah, one block off the bike lane and 6 blocks from Kroger.

It's got two bathrooms, three huge bedrooms, a living room, storage areas, kitchen, back and front porch, and my favorite feature: A giant hallway. The hallway is excessively wide, and has huge ceilings and wonderful white walls. I bet you know what I thought as soon as I saw it:

Finally, we have a gallery.

It's 100% perfect for house shows. It goes right from the front door - framed nicely by two pillars on the stone porch - to the kitchen, with space enough to hang quite a big show. Streamlined viewing and straight to the refreshments. It's perfect. So we're on the lookout for local people interested in doing house shows starting in May.

I'll probably get people to play in the backyard eventually, though that will have to be earlier than desoto shows so as to be nice to then neighbors. I'll have pictures of the space asap, and I'm starting to look for people for a group show to start it off with a kick. It's not a swanky venue, but the viewing and light is perfect. It's the kind of place you go with some friends to have a beer and look at some art. These will be dirty do it yourself shows, no commission, no fees, just if you've got good work, we'd love to have it up and organize an opening. The kind of shows I miss from noho and new york, and I hear are getting super popular in chicago.

Email me if you're interested.

No comments: